The music is a engaging mix of current and contemporary rock and jazz that fits well in a club, or for weddings and events.
The band is scaled to match the event, so for smaller or more intimate events, he will often play in solo or duo format, or an all-acoustic show. But for larger clubs or dances and weddings, he will bring his main group TC Ortberg and Friends, which often adds a rhythm section and saxophone or a full horn section to the rich sound.
See the “Book TC Ortberg” tab is you are interested in hiring TC for your event!
- February 27th 8 PM- Minnetonka Center- “Party with a Purpose”- Guitarist with PowerTap (11 piece band)
- March 7th, 730 PM- Hazeltine Club- “Jazz for JMS”, Hazeltine Club; Chaska Minnesota-TC Ortberg and Friends
- April 10- Minnekada Club- “Cool In The City” with PowerTap at Minnekada Club, Lake Calhoun, Minneapolis, Mn
- May 4th Chanhassen Dinner Theaters- Hogarth Room - TC Ortberg Solo; Ameriprise Event
- May 7th 8 PM- The School 2 , http://www.chanhassenbistro.com/
- May 14th 8 PM- The School 2, http://www.chanhassenbistro.com/
- Jun 27th 3-6 PM Wayzata Art Festival, Solo Acoustic - TC Ortberg with Mike Howe
- Jun 28th 3-6 PM Wayzata Art Festival, Solo Acoustic - TC Ortberg with Mike Howe
- July 18th 3 PM Mendicino Music Festival, Perform with Alex Degrassi and his Intensive Guitar Workshop Group- Mendicino, California
- August 15th- “Jamburg”, Norwood, MN with The Exaggerators and with PowerTap
- September 12- Private Event, Lake Minnetonka Cruise, TC Ortberg with Mike Howe
- September 19- Excelsior Brewing Company, Excelsior, MN- “Howling for Growlers” bash. TC Ortberg Band featuring Kenni Holmen
- October 22- 318 Music Cafe- Excelsior, MN- 7 PM
- November 12- Lunds/Byerlys Cafe- Edina MN, with The Exaggerators, 7 PM
WHATS NEW? A NEW ALBUM!
2014's "Half Finished Novel" is a Steely Dan-like record, infused with a 70's feel on a mix of acoustic and electric band lineups, plus lush vocal arrangements throughout. Unique arrangements of well known covers such as Bill Wither's Use Me, Joe Jackson's Steppin Out, and Steely Dan's Do It Again.